What is your only comfort in life and in death?
That I am not my own,
body and soul,
in life and in death–
to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood,
and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way
that not a hair can fall from my head
without the will of my Father in heaven:
in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to him,
Christ, by his Holy Spirit,
assures me of eternal life
and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready
from now on to live for him.
(The Heidelberg Catechism, Question and Answer 1)
Disco Dave on Reading between the lines Christy on “We are in love with our… musicbyfaith on When church fails to sati… Chris Edwards on The Case for Early Marria… Chris Edwards on Five great things that Stuart…
- Just given a 7 year old netbook a new lease of life as a Chromebook...with apparent success! techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/softwar… 3 weeks ago
- "God's Big Picture" is now a free 9 week bible overview course! 10min video each time, and downloadable study notes. clayton.tv/find/explore/1… 1 month ago
- Both in his judgment and in his mercy... https://t.co/IkVAwFUO2J 2 months ago
- RT @Bonj_T: Powerful moment on #BBC1 as coverage turns from terrorists dying to kill the innocent to Jesus who gave his live in order to sa… 2 months ago
- Bible by the Beach! Sunshine in Eastbourne, and an excellent first session from Lee Gatiss. 3 months ago