What is your only comfort in life and in death?
That I am not my own,
body and soul,
in life and in death–
to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood,
and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way
that not a hair can fall from my head
without the will of my Father in heaven:
in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to him,
Christ, by his Holy Spirit,
assures me of eternal life
and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready
from now on to live for him.
(The Heidelberg Catechism, Question and Answer 1)
Disco Dave on Reading between the lines Christy on “We are in love with our… musicbyfaith on When church fails to sati… Chris Edwards on The Case for Early Marria… Chris Edwards on Five great things that Stuart…
- Both in his judgment and in his mercy... https://t.co/IkVAwFUO2J 2 weeks ago
- RT @Bonj_T: Powerful moment on #BBC1 as coverage turns from terrorists dying to kill the innocent to Jesus who gave his live in order to sa… 2 weeks ago
- Bible by the Beach! Sunshine in Eastbourne, and an excellent first session from Lee Gatiss. 1 month ago
- Loving this book. Beautifully written, utterly realistic, and full of good honest truth. 10ofthose.com/products/22050… https://t.co/Xhvuugny54 2 months ago
- For myself too (esp at theological college!) the devil's lie is that my Convictions, Competence and Chemistry matter more than my Character. 3 months ago